Resource Guarding Foundations Course
Learn how to manage and fix your dog's resource guarding with a personalized training plan and one-on-one support from a certified canine behavior consultant.
If your dog is guarding their food, toys, space, or even you from other people or dogs, there is hope!
- Two LIVE 60-minute one-on-one virtual coaching sessions
- Professional behavior diagnosis and prognosis
- Personalized treatment plan based on what your dog guards
- Two months of ongoing email and text support
- Unlimited access to self-paced curriculum
- Instructions for how to manage and fix resource guarding
- Lifetime discount for additional one-on-one virtual sessions
— $299 —
What Students Have to Say ...
"I like the ability to have someone as knowledgable as Cathy at my fingertips even though we live across the country from each other. The resources she provides in the way of reading material and videos to watch are so helpful. Cathy is so responsive to emails and texts (when needed) that I don't have to wait long to get feedback and to tweak my next set of homework. I LOVE that the sessions are recorded so I can review it if I need to or share it with my husband who can't participate." — Lisa
"It's so accessible and easy. And it's truly like having a dog trainer right in my home. If a friend was having dog troubles, I would say just do it. The support and knowledge will change your dog's life!" — Tangie
"Cathy is wonderful. She listens, ask questions, and then helps find me and my husband find creative solutions that work for us and our pup. I am so encouraged at the progress we have made in just a few sessions. Learning to be a more mindful human within our dog training & daily habits has significantly helped the relationship between us and our pup. A family member recently commented that our dog seems so much happier since we started training. (That’s saying something since she’s already a happy Golden Retriever!)" — Bethany
- Welcome! (1:40)
- What is Resource Guarding in Dogs? (2:17)
- Contributing Factors for Resource Guarding in Dogs (6:13)
- What Not to Do ...
- Canine Body Language: Whispers & Shouts (1:10)
- But is it Actually Resource Guarding?
- Assignment 1: What Are Your Dog's Triggers?
- Assignment 2: What Is Your Dog's "Threshold"?
- Coming Up ...
- Training Set-Up Safety: Human-Directed Aggression
- Training Set-up: Determining the Highest-Value Reinforcement
- Changing Your Dog's Emotional Response (3:33)
- Changing Your Dog's Actions (1:59)
- The Importance of Choice for Your Dog (1:26)
- Dog-to-Dog Resource Guarding (0:55)
- Training Set-Up Safety: Dog-Directed Aggression
- Schedule Your First 1-on-1 Session